Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What is that clicking

Gage: "Mama, I keep hearing a clicking sound in my room. I don't know what it is."

Me: "Hmm, is it the dishwasher?" (His room is adjacent to the kitchen and the dishwasher was on)

Gage: "No, it's not that." He goes back in to listen some more. "Oh, I think it's you typing on the computer." He goes back to his room and he keeps going in and out to listen. "Nope, that's not it either. What is that sound?"

Me: I enter his room and close the door, so I can listen. When I realize what it is, I look at my child, hug him and smile at my baby boy who will kill me for calling him that. I walk over to the window, raise the blinds, and open the window. He smiled from ear to ear when he realized he could hear the gentle rain falling on the dry leaves outside. Brook came in his room and he said excitedly, "Brook!! I heard the rain!!"

Now that's a sound he hasn't heard in quite a while. He must have got a real good map last week!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Rain has me smiling from ear to ear!

Danielle said...

this made my night!!!! love it.

Anonymous said...

Love your kids they are as sweet as cab be :) happy thanks giving

Anonymous said...

Me and my friends ( all deaf with cochlear implants) are crying like crazy right now and my hearing brother is staring at us thinking we r crazy haha we love you, your kids, and your blog :) god bless