Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Decorating CIs Part 3





Can you believe that I can not walk thru a craft store w/out wondering if the items would look good attached to my kid's head? Spent an hour today in Hobby Lobby, loved it! This is what I found. In the floral section, cute butterflies (they had birds, and more) and I simply clipped the wire off of them and attached a small piece of velcro instead. This enabled it to stick to the other velcro already attached onto the magnet of her coil when we did flowers. Another idea was to buy these cute little hats in the "make your own doll" section (yes, the witches hats would've been cute for Halloween). I simply attached these little wire stemmed flowers all the way around on one, then covering the bottom w/cardboard to hide the wire and again, velcro. I also made one w/ribbon and a single flower. Only took minutes!

8 comments:

Valerie said...

You gave me the idea to start with. Love it!!!! Can't wait to shop. How my daughter will be seen with me.
Valerie

jamieR said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU DIDN'T PUT AN EASTER PICTURE OF THE KIDS ON YOUR BLOG!!

VBnBama said...

okay sista, you didn't scroll down enough, it's there! you'll laugh too

Abbie said...

My processor is spinning around here, maybe i'll plant one of those on my magnet for the summertime when I goto a Luau :)

Loudest Mom said...

As usual......Great ideas. I better borrow some of them before my younger daughter decides she is too old for cute flowers and ribbons. My older daughter is only into 'hiding' equipment- bummer.

Jennifer said...

I'm a butterfly freak...I LOVE that idea! I might have to try that myself! I love the idea of velcro...the possibilities are almost endless that way, aren't they?

Christie said...

That is really cute!!!!!

Harri Conde said...

Is it bad that I want to affix a cute hat to my 24-year-old boyfriend's magnet? :/

This site is fantastic :D