Monday, April 26, 2010

A rabid child...

There's just no other explanation. She doesn't earn a good girl picture here today, for doing well at the dentist. She foamed at the mouth, spit was flying everywhere and someone got bit (so sorry lady!). I think Brook has some sort of flag by her name there, everyone seems to be prepared when she comes in, wearing their game faces (masks, gloves, and face shields) and clamps on the table to keep her from biting people's fingers, but she did get one in before the clamps were secure. In her fighting, I was holding her body down and as she had requested, holding her hands...she grabbed onto what she thought was my shirt but was my scar, where I'd recently had skin cancer removed. She's strong! Tears formed in my eyes, and they tried to console me, "we're almost done Mom, I know it's tough." I had to tell her, I wasn't feeling sorry for the rabid child, she's about to pop open my skin where I just had surgery. "Am I bleeding?" I ask. I was not. But I'm still hurting! I'm not convinced I'm taking her back for a while, she has great teeth and brushes well so I may skip her next appt and see them in a year.
Moving right along, because I've already wasted too much energy on that one dental trip I can't forget fast enough!!! Cochlear came in to see Gage and we may have some results from that testing as early as next week, but they didn't have to turn any more electrodes off today, and his next mapping is next month. Dental wise, Gage may 'make do' with some retainer type mouth pieces that will have teeth attached in areas where he will have none. So he's happy about that (from what he understands of it, he's not seen one yet). Dental implants will come in late teen years. I need to go to bed early. B needs to go to bed early. And I'm sure we'll all be friends again in the morning. (she has apologized to me, but is remaining in her room til bed time which is 2 hrs away, she's resting, watching a movie, but I do not feel bad for her, sorry-even if Gage is out riding 4wheelers, where she wants to be...if you know us in person, you can understand...girl has got to learn)
Just a bad day....
...but yesterday was great! And I'm sure tomorrow will be too!

2 comments:

leah said...

Oh, I feel for you! What a tough dentist appointment- and painful (for you), too!

I think postponing the next visit for a full year is a good idea- I don't think I could go through that every six months!

Anonymous said...

Can they give her laughing gas or a chill pill before they do anything?