Tuesday, April 20, 2010

...from Parenting Magazine

Just as a fyi, I was reading Parenting magazine and they reported in their Bites You Need To Know on page 46,

"Music to their ears
Children with cochlear implants-electronic devices that restore partial hearing to the hearing impaired-have improved speech and language skills, but now a new study shows they may have improved social lives, too. Children in the study ranked their quality of life equal to that of normally hearing peers."

I think we've all read this in other places as well but I thought it was neat to see it in the magazine!

2 comments:

leah said...

That is great! It is nice to see articles like that in parenting magazines (and not just professional publications)!

Laurie said...

Val,

I believe it! This is true for adults, too, who receive cochlear implants. :)

Thanks for sharing - I used to read the Parenting magazine when our kids were little!

Laure