Sunday, May 10, 2009

What Just Happened?

Eight years ago today I was lying in a hospital bed asking myself this same question...."what just happened?" My memories of my very first Mother's Day are little different than most. I had concerned glances thrown in my direction every time a nurse walked in to check my iv or my level of pain. I was recovering from a C section and I could barely care for the new baby I held in my arms. He was noted as "the special baby". They took his newborn photos just like all the other new babies and I had him dressed to impress. When I got the photos back his tiny little hands were held high beside each of his cheeks almost pointing to his ears but still blocking the view of the nickle size structures.




Eight years later I'm looking at this child and asking "what just happened?" Has he really been through ALL OF THAT in just eight short years? He doesn't hide his ears anymore, in fact he's so proud he boldly displays his processors so everyone knows, HE CAN HEAR! I remind myself each time he interrupts me, talks over me, or very impatiently waits his turn to speak his mind, that I dreamed of this day eight years ago. They knew what they were talking about when they noted him as "a special baby" from birth........he is just that.


He received everything he wanted for his birthday and even got a card in the mail from South Georgia. Brayden who also wears ci's sent him a Transformers card and his eyes lit up when I handed him the red envelope addressed to him! He read every single word and hopes to meet Brayden one day. Thank you all for the kind Bday wishes from facebook also, my little guy enjoyed them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GAGE!!!! you are indeed SPECIAL! keep rockin! that cake looks awesome

leah said...

I was hoping to see the cake! That's one to make any boy happy. Did he get any new AC/DC CD's?

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Gage!!! Hope your day was wonderful!!

rouchi6 said...

Happy birthday Gage.Pray you have a life that your parents are proud of.All the best.

monica said...

wow! what a great cake!