Saturday, October 4, 2008

Charity Events

Wow, thank you all so much for being so kind about our book I'm All Ears ! It was a true labor of love and it basically took me a whole book to explain my reasons for our choices as a family and to explain in full how we got to where we are and how we became who we are. Now, I also want to thank you all for the submissions for the charity book Rachel and I are putting together. We (she's doing most of the work *grin*) are hoping to have this completed and on sale by Christmas! We still have not named the charity (needs to be at least national) so we will post that when we decide.
On to other news... Abbie is raising money so she can attend the Association of Late-Deafened Adults convention known as ALDA. Abbie is a fantastic advocate for hearing loss awareness, she is a cochlear implantee (if that's the proper term, I use it all the time) and uses her fantastic writing skills to create awareness on her blog Chronicles of a Bionic Woman . So donate to send her to this convention because she uses her knowledge and spreads wisdom to many.
One other charity to mention is Karen's fundraiser that's been a long time coming...Live Love Hear in the Pennsylvania area. Karen has worked very hard on preparing this special event to raise awareness about cochlear implants.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm not sure if you remember me or not. My name is Catherine Dozier. I play softball at the University of Alabama. We came to the HEAR center and met you and your kids. I just wanted to leave you a comment and see how Gage and Brook are doing. I just added some pictures to my facebook profile and they were in one of them. I hope all is well. God bless.

Catherine

Abbie said...

Val,

thank you so much for promoting this :)