Sunday, July 1, 2012

Still Amazed

She stood before me as a two year old child. I outstretched my hand because the day was ending, and darkness surrounded my little country house. She stopped in her tracks, looked at my hand, and her eyes filled with tears. One by one, she removed the cochlear implants that had filled her day with the glorious sounds of Dora, music, her talking dolls and her family. She pulled each pink processor up to her lips and kissed them goodnight and she began to sob. I gave her a confident smile that told her she could have them back in the morning, but I knew she was afraid they'd be gone when she woke, so she cried herself to sleep.


Today, I was reminded of this as I watched the same child, now eight years old, answer a simple question. I had asked her to tell me what happened in church since I unfortunately had to miss when the boy wasn't up to par. This is what she said...


"Oh you missed a lot. Luke said something at the piano. I didn't understand everything he said, but he said something. Somebody's mother got the kids to sing. She was wearing a red shirt. Joel got picked to sing a song. He chose "The Old Rugged Cross" and we all sang it together. We didn't go to Sunday School because so many people kept standing up. Zac also stood and told stories. He talked about the wreck they were almost in with that 18 wheeler the other night. Debbie, Dock, Adam, Luke's wife and some more people sang a good song. Oh, and we aren't having church on Wednesday because it's the Fourth of July."

I am still amazed at what all HE gives my family. Of all the times I've not listened in my life...I was given a child who cried when she couldn't. Now she was able to give Mama a Blessing by letting me in on what all The Lord gave our little country church today. No matter what we have or don't have when we wake up each day, He will be there for us. He'll never leave us.




2 comments:

Lily's Mom said...

Love this post! I have chills.

Lily's Mom said...

LOVE this post! I have chills.