Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey update

No I'm not cooking a turkey, never have. But thought I'd take a minute to update everyone on the Cochlear Kids. Gage is back to duel implants. His little sore healed up from my negligence the new magnet being too strong. So you know what that means...he's crankin' up the music again. He's been listening to Waylon Jennings and The Dukes of Hazzard Theme Song! (whew, spare me!)

I wanted to quickly comment on the voluntary recall of AB cochlear implants...if my child wasn't having issues, I'd just breathe a sigh of relief. I don't think you need to freak at this point. They all (all companies) have a chance of malfunctioning, we should know!! Though I completely understand the seriousness of it. Maybe there's better testing that needs to be performed on these products before we subject our kids to surgery in the first place?

Here are a couple of things of that may interest you if you haven't read them already. The article I did on the recall and the article I did on the new Genetic testing, both of these and more can be found here.

Monday, I check Brook out early and we go to University of Montevallo to do our annual meet & greet with the up and coming SLPs or Deaf Ed students. Usually I take Gage and I decided B was gonna get a turn this year!!

No comments: