Sunday, February 14, 2010

a little bit country

and this was on the way back from picking the kids up from school on Fri. where classes were dismissed early due to the incoming snow...
But here's what I wanted to tell ya...I now know what I really sound like...my girl must have really good maps on those processors because yesterday, I heard her playing w/her dolls, walking around w/a stroller, her purse, fake cell phone, fake nails, and as she's talking, I realize how much she sounds just like me. She was in the middle of saying, "Oh are ye, are ye?" when she dropped her phone, you see her here immediately dialing the person back and then she says, "sorry, dropped my dern phone!"  Wow, I'm gonna really work on my English, lol...
I've already had first graders write 'git' for get when I called out spelling words one day while subbing...talk about embarrassed, I had to go back and give them another try on that before the teacher came back and found 20 wrong answers, she would have figured that mispronunciation out quick! lol

No comments: