Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goodbye Special Ed Preschool.........(sniff,sniif)






I mean need I say more? Preschool.......we've been with these guys for the past five years (between both kids)! I cried, yes I did! You made my little girl go from saying "I pledge allegiance to the frog...." to announcing at graduation "Attention" getting all parents and kids to stand at attention where she and the other kids gave us the correct version. You taught my deaf child to not only sing the alphabet, but to also sing it backwards! (not kidding!) Thank you for being the best, love you guys!

Now go read about our cochlear implant surgeon on Bama Ears.

And get this, the school just called, we are down to our last four days (Gage's school) and no one is allowed to charge lunches. I packed his lunch knowing he had drained his lunch account and I figured he'd just take his lunch the last four days. Anyway, I get home from graduation and I have a message from the school claiming he needed lunch money. I call back and inform them he brought his lunch. They say "thank you Mrs. Blakely we'll go check on him." Five minutes later the councelor calls, "Val, Gage has a lunch plate but we told him, 'You brought your lunch'....he tells us that he's saving that for supper!" They all got a good laugh out of that. So I owe someone at school 1.50 (I'll repay tomorrow when I drop him off) but we all thought that was kinda funny. And the thing is, it wasn't a fabulous menu today, he had a lunchable in his box which he should have loved!!! ??? Kids!

6 comments:

leah said...

Oh, goodness. I would have bawled my eyes out! What a sweet graduation.

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet- she looks adorable. congrats Brook.

Marsel said...

LOL, it sounds like our sons would get along very well!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS BROOKLYN upon graduating!!!!!

lbre969903 said...

I know exactly what you are feeling. While my little guy hasn't been at his oral deaf school that long he is graduating tomorrow and will be fully mainstreamed next year in kindergarten. His teacher's are amazing and such a wealth of information!!!
Congrats Brooke!!

tammy said...

Congrats Brook! I had a harder time seeing my oldest go from elementary (4th grade) to intermediate (5th) than his sister going from preschool into kinder. They grow up way too fast!