Thursday, February 26, 2009

Static Problem?

Are you tired of being electrocuted every time you get out of the car? Are you getting weird looks from people? You wonder if you have something on your face, in your teeth, your nose, only to find once you check the mirror, that your hair is standing straight up. Here's a cheap simple solution. Fabric Softener sheets. Brook took some to school with her and she often grabs her one from the pack at home to give her blond locks a quick rub down when the pesky static is irritating her. (Yes, that's a do rag on her head, the Harley riders gave both kids a do rag when they visited Gage and the other children in the hosp. around Christmas). One thing I've noticed is that since Gage has no ci anymore and is completely "in tune" with his sense of touch...he HATES static. It never was a big deal before but now he won't even open his own car door, he crawls out my door to avoid a shock. I'm putting some in the car right now so we can cut down on this a bit. It really does help.

8 comments:

Shehuntstoo said...

they sure do work! and ever since preschool, Jesse has a box at school as well as a can of static guard) for whenever he needs/wants. I don't want to say too much though without knocking wood :)

Charlotte said...

I use the dryer sheets too. Every day, when i wear my uniform it's nylon/polyester (worst clothes to wear!!) i put a sheet in my pocket.

I haven't used it much since i left work and i wear alot of natrual fabrics.

They are god send aren't they also they smell good!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip! I always used static guard- which smells awful!

Vivie said...

I think we don't have these in Greece.and I get shocked often..

have erased my maps once , now when I get shocked I'm in search for something to ground me.

What's Static Guard?

monica said...

great idea!
i don't mean to ask about your private life, but why doesyour son not wear an implant anymore?

VBnBama said...

He had it removed in Dec. due to infection. We are scheduled for bilateral ci surgery on March 23, cross your fingers it goes back in and works, and also gets his second ear done. His surgeries are complicated because of his anatomy issues.

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

i have heard that you can put them in your back pocket on slides...

Anonymous said...

Vivie , static guard is a spray sold in most supermarkets & hardware stores which removes static. you can spray it anywhere, brush - for ur hair, on clothes.... downside of it is that it doesn't smell too good but the smell usually doesn't last too long.