Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Special


What a treat, today at Brook's special ed preschool they had their little Thanksgiving program and the kids did excellent! It's really touching to see those children who each have their own challenges, shine. I was worried I might get teary eyed after the emotional past couple of days I've had with Gage's on and off again ear issues.

I could feel the pressure in my eyes as the water built up, the dam ready to break at any moment when the kids all took turns naming what they were thankful for. Each child named brothers, sisters, moms and dads, even grandparents and I knew I'd lose it when it was Brook's turn. As the teacher pointed to Brook and asked "...and Brook what are you thankful for?" a lump rose into throat as I tried to swallow it back down. And then her sweet little voice said "Drake!!"
Um...Drake is her little friend who was absent today. Where's the "MY mama, my daddy, my brother!!" All anyone could do was laugh. Oh, at least I didn't cry. Many kids were pilgrims and others were indians. They had a great time and so did we.

Can't wait til Mother's Day to see who steals my sunshine then!! hahaha, love those kids.

No comments: