Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Don't Believe My Ears!!

I'm so excited about this. I've teamed up with Rachel Chaikof (from EaR books, and Deaf Village, queen of charity and....well, you get the idea) to put together a book for charity and you can help!!!!!
How? Submit your funny deaf/ci/hearing loss related stories to deafcistories@gmail.com
Here are the rules to enter...

1.) All entries are due by Sept. 30, 2008
2.) All entries must be 2,000 words or less
3.) Limit two stories per person

We expect to have a large volume of entries (at least we hope) so we know that not all will be included in this book, but you never know, there's always a chance we
may do another volume.? Photos are welcome and need to be at least 2000x2000 pixels to ensure best printing quality. You will be notified in October (not before) if you are a finalist. Release forms will be signed at that time for permission to print.
Stories can be about anything humorous that has happened from misunderstandings, to those hilarious things kids say. Please mention just who has hearing loss in the story so that we all are able to follow, as if it's someone reading about you for the first time. Oh, and did I mention all proceeds go to charity. The charity will be announced at a later date. Your name will appear as the author of your individual story should your story be selected to be printed in the book. So get those "thinking caps" on and make me say "I don't believe my ears!!!"

1 comment:

mishkazena said...

That's a great cause. I am sure your project will be very successful :)