Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Sounds

The ocean (sea)
The seagulls
The laughter
The wet sand
The music
The splashing
The diving
The seashells
The sharks (oh my)
and much much more
We are leaving for a quick trip to the beach in the morning, these are all new sounds or new vocabulary words for my kids. The last time we went to the beach was four years ago. Brook couldn't hear but we didn't know it and Gage was three months away from his ci surgery, so he heard nothing either! This should be lots of fun. I'll post everything Monday night!
p.s. six hours in a car w/my kids.......hmmm, should be interesting!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

This is probably one of the best posts I've seen today :) I loooooooooove the ocean!
There is a story about the ocean and me. I went down to Myrtle Beach for a vacation after I lost my hearing from the surgery. I have always been involved with the beach and ocean. When I went to go for a run, I realized I couldn't hear anything at all there. When I got home that is when I made the appointment for the CI evaluation. I haven't been back to the ocean yet... I should get my batteries in and get a move on!

tammy said...

I have chills ... what an amazing adventure you all will have! My family LOVES the beach and can't wait to share it's beauty and sounds with Aiden! Can't wait to read all about your trip!

elizabeth said...

Pretty amazing what a difference a few years makes. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

Loudest Mom said...

I, like Abbie, LOVE the ocean :) Have a great vacation! Some of my favorite sounds-

Enjoy!
Melissa

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

"can you please NOT TALK for ten minutes!"

What a blessing;) to say that. pretty cool vacation.