Monday, October 13, 2008

the DENTIST

Whew!! Glad that's over! Gage did great as usual. He's not scared, he even went back by himself at first because there was a kid back there screaming and they knew it would upset Brook (even more) so she and I continued to wait until the screaming kid left. First of all, I was actually glad that kid was making his mom sweat back there because she was totally rude out in the waiting room, which I totally ignored (yea for me!). My kids were not being bad at all, they (mostly Gage w/ADHD) just play a little louder and w/a little more movement than her three year old. There was a car that the kids can ride in and I tried to tell Gage he was a little too big for it but he wanted to ride in it anyway. Well, as long as no one was around him, he scooted a little fast in it, but I made him get out of it when he was getting a little too fast around the three year old. The three year old then hopped in and was acting like he was reving up the motor and she says "no!! YOU know better" with an emphasis on YOU. Meaning she was too happy about Gage in the car. Anyway, payback for her, when the three year old screamed from the time he went back, to the time they walked out!! Brook goes back and does okay. The first time she went to the dentist, she bit and spat, the second visit she just screamed and spat...and this being her third visit, she screamed and spat on the floor (she wouldn't let them suction her mouth) but not near as much as last time. It was just two occasions when they were actually cleaning..whew! So we are getting there. The hard part is getting her to stop screaming so she can hear me, she can't hardly hear them because they wear those masks w/a spit guard (shield) over their faces which also reflects a lot of light...making it impossible to read their faces for extra help. For a moment we had pink processors flying across the room when she was shaking her head....then it was over! All done! whew!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad it went okay! Hopefully brook will start feeling comfortable soon. If i was a kid I would probably do actually what she did becuase still this day.. I had when doctors are close to my EARS especially and my mouth when they give me a shot for a cavity. I am probably the worst patient ever!. I totally feel for brooke lol.

Kori said...

So glad the dentist was somehwat a success for Brook. Way to for Gage being a big boy and going it alone.

Valerie said...

I hate the dentist too. You can change the name and put mine, I'm sure my brown processors will fly across the room too.

Done...relax....get that Dixie cup...

Valerie

elizabeth embracing life said...

Trips do the dentist should not be legal until you're say....25, and completely moved out of the house.