Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Decorating the CIs part 2


Thanks to another mom on cicircle, Julie (mom to a beautiful girl named Lera), we are now proud owners of flower coils. These are very light (the buttons were a little heavy) and easy as pie to do. Now Julie is way more crafty than I and has Lera's very fancy, but this is the generic version since this is all I could come up with. These are held on like I did the buttons with small velcro circles. I bought the artificial flowers at WalMart and cut the stem off completely so the back is now flat, attach the stick on velcro and you have it. Brook likes these best of all!!

11 comments:

Loudest Mom said...

Love that! I'm going to have to 'steal' your idea for Emily's implant(s). There's a little girl in Trey's class who has little sparklies all over her headpiece and it also looks fantastic.

Too cute :)

Unknown said...

I AM NOT GOING TO SHOW THIS TO JORDAN or he might request one for himself:) Adorable, Jodi

Valerie said...

I want one! I have been looking for a way to showcase my CIs.

Valerie

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

CUTE!!! got somethin' for the guys?? hmm...

VBnBama said...

yes, if you have AB you can do this:
http://www.cochlearexpressions.com/page3.html lots of little boy stuff...won't work for Cochlear

Jennifer said...

Oooooohhh! I want daisies for mine!! Those are WAY cute!! I bet Miss Brook just loves those!!!
I think I'll do something similar for the HLAA convention in Reno. If you got it, flaunt it, eh? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I've been so busy sticking her to utilitarian old appliances I never took the time to think of something as adorable as this!

(Nice Val, torment us Cochlear folks with the fancy AB stuff - or as my surgeon differentiated the two: the AB is a Maserati compared to the Cochlear Volvo or Saab -- cruel!)

Unknown said...

Val!!!! YOu are the woman! How did you do that??? Now I have to go and hunt down Abbie! Such a cool video...why didn't you youtube it, now I can't steal it!? big hug, miss you, Jodi

Unknown said...

Hey Val! Can I steal that picture and put it on my today's entry?

Thanks! Rachel

VBnBama said...

Rachel, you know you're welcome to anything I have! Take.

Andrea said...

Too cute! My 3 year old daughter is going to love this. She has Nucleous 5's not Freedoms, I hope it works on them!!